Are you looking for a reasonable acoustic guitar?
Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic all-in-one guitar is a perfect choice for beginner and the proficient player.
The guitar is a unique musical instrument. Because of its small and portable size, it can easily be carried around. With it, you can become an interesting and impressive one-man musical band. But perhaps more importantly though, is the riveting, rich and sonorous sound of the guitar. It is therefore not surprising that the guitar is one instrument that most people who are seeking to learn a musical instrument for the first time choose.
But guitars come in various shapes, sizes, and colors. There are also different guitars for different music styles, each producing different tones and sounds. So, with many guitar types out there, how does one get to pick a guitar that is appropriate and suitable for one’s use?
Guidelines on Buying a Guitar – 1st Time. Anytime.
Here are a few tips you should consider when buying a guitar –whether it is your first guitar or otherwise.
- What is your Choice of Music?
What genre or style of music do you like or would like to play? Classical? Pop? Country? As said earlier, guitars are built for different music styles. So, when buying a guitar, ask if it is made for a particular music style. Some guitars are multi-genre and built to play more than one music style. If you can already play the guitar, trying playing various music styles on it before buying. Pay close attention to the clarity, quality, and richness of the sound as it pertains to your chosen music genre. Does it sound natural in that music style?
- Design, Shape, and Color
This may seem trivial or insignificant to you since you may be thinking all that matters in buying a guitar is the sound. Your guitar is going to be your close companion. It is more likely that you will get fed up with its looks and appearance than you getting used to its looks and appearance. So, choose a design, shape, and color that you are happy with and feels pleasant to you. The more satisfied and comfortable you are with the looks (design, shape, and color, etc.) of your instrument, the more you will be happy to play it.
- How Much Can You Afford?
Let me say that just because you have the financial capacity does not mean you should go out and buy the most expensive guitar in the market. At the same time, being a bit financially constrained is no justification for buying the cheapest one either. Find a modest balance between something affordable and of acceptable quality.
- Pay Attention to the Features
A guitar is a form of a system. This means that it consists of various parts that combine and work together to give it its overall function and quality. For example, the type of wood used for the back, sides, and top contribute significantly not only to its durability but also to its tone and sound. So also is the material, style, and design of the fretboard, strings, tuners and bracing. These can affect the overall quality of a guitar.
- What does it Sound Like?
The most important factor to consider is the sound. How does the guitar sound to you? The tone and sound should not only be pleasing to you but also to your listeners. Therefore, ask and play the favorite tune of one or two of your test audience and have them give you feedback on its tone and sound. Does it sound rich, smooth, sonorous and clear? Or does it sound harsh, rough or strained?
Paying attention to these factors will greatly assist you in getting that guitar that will support you in accomplishing your musical dreams and goals.
But what if I were to tell you that there is a guitar that fully satisfies the above recommendations and more? No. I am not kidding you. All those recommendations and more were taken into consideration by Jasmine in designing their S34C NEX Acoustic Guitar. In fact, I call it the All-inclusive Guitar for the Maestro!
Jasmine S34C is a right-hand oriented guitar. Its sophisticated grand orchestra-style gives it a very rich and well-balanced sound. The graceful Venetian-style cutaway (NEX) allows easy access to higher frets. Therefore, whether by strumming, pounding or finger picking, you can play notes perfectly on the pitch making the guitar a welcome accompanist.
Its full 25½-inch dreadnought scale length body gives it a very comfortable feel and makes it quite easy to play. Unlike the traditional dreadnought design in most guitars, the Jasmine S34Cguitar is slightly thinner around the waist. This gives it a clearer and pseudo-bell tone. You can get the Jasmine S34C for just around $130 – a surprisingly low price compared to its features and worth.
Let’s take a look at some of the features of the Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic Guitar.
Key Features and Benefits
- It has a laminated spruce top, which is generally found in professional guitars, giving it an attractive and impressive sound quality.
- X-Bracing: The S34C has an Advanced “X” bracing system not common in most guitars. Its bracing are shifted forward, closer to the sound hole. This offers greater support to the top but also allows the guitar to produce an open and livelier.
- The smooth evenly-applied satin finish gives it high resonance and high sound quality.
- It has a slim neck made from African mahogany that makes it easy and comfortable to hold and play.
- Its full body binding and natural gloss make the Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic guitar presentable in any environment.
- It has a normal strap button and a second strap button in a peculiar position that gives you a sturdy balance and comfort whether you are playing or holding it.
- Has 6 strings and a Rosewood fretboard on a Nato gloss-finished neck. There are no dead dings or dead frets.
- A synthetic bone nut and saddle correctly seated and slotted.
- Chrome tuners are sealed for easy and tuning which produces consistent playing.
- The back and sides are made from Sapele wood giving it natural durability and ruggedness. It also gives it good vibration that adds to the quality of the sound produced.
- Measures 18 by 8 by 48 inches; light in weight and is easy to carry around.
- Starter bundle(guitar and added accessories) consists of:
- The Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic guitar
- 1 No. On-Stage GBA4550 Acoustic Guitar gig bag
- 1 No. D’Addario NS Micro Clip-on Tuner
- 1 No. D’Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Light Strings
- 1 No. D’Addario 10-pack medium assorted pearl celluloid guitar picks
- 1 No. Planet Waves microfiber polish cloth
- Produces rich, bell-like and clearer tone.
- Advanced “X” bracing.
- Good features and value for the low price.
- Impressive and attractive body finish.
- Easy to hold and play.
- Minimal tuning required over a period of time.
- The slim neck may not be convenient and handy for everyone.
- Tuning pegs of low quality.
- A few production defects (such as cracks near the nut, top bracing).
How does it Compare?
1. Jasmine 6 String Acoustic (JO36 NAT)
The Jasmine 6 String Acoustic guitar is a right-handed guitar with a spruce body and Sapele back. It has a spruce top with Jasmine’s Advanced “X” bracing, neck made from Mora, 6 strings and a wooden rosewood fretboard and bridge. It has a 24-3/4 scale length, measures 40.5 x 18 x 5.3 inches and weighs 5.8 pounds making it heavier than the Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic Guitar. It also sells on Amazon at slightly higher than the S34C at about $135.
2. Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic Guitar
The IJV50 Acoustic is an ambidextrous acoustic guitar selling for under $140 on Amazon. It has 6 strings, laminate spruce top, agathis back, laminated wood body, mahogany neck, and rosewood fretboard. Weighing 7 pounds, it measures 38 x 5 by 12 inches. It comes with a pack of accessories containing a guitar strap, an accurate electronic tuner, an accessory pouch, and a gig bag.
3. Yahama FG820 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar
This is a guitar literally as old as time. The Yahama FG guitar series was first introduced by Yahama in 1966. Naturally, the design has been refined and improved upon over the years.
The FG820 has a solid Sitka spruce top that makes for its louder and stronger sound. It has mahogany back and sides which makes it strong and rugged and also adds to its vibrant resonance. It is built with diecast tuners, Rosewood Bridge, Rosewood fingerboard, and adjustable truss rod. This is not a guitar for the ordinary beginner. It is sold on Amazon for about $260.
Weighing 6.55 pounds and measuring 42.5 by 20.7 by 6.1 inches, the FG820 is available in seven vibrant colors: natural, autumn burst, black, brown sunburst, sunset blue, turquoise, and ruby red. It is also available in other designs such as 12-string, acoustic-electric, and left-handed acoustic.
Who Should Buy This Product?
If you are in any of the categories below, you will find the Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic a pleasant choice:
- Those seeking an affordable guitar.
- If you need a guitar with better sound quality and tone.
- If you are looking for a well-finished and presentable guitar.
What others are saying about the Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic
This product was reviewed by almost 750 persons on Amazon out of which over 650 persons gave it a 5.0 rating. That means 86.67% of the reviewers gave it a positive review. Below are unedited snapshots of some of the reviews:
- Bob M.; 0 out of 5 stars; Verified Purchase
After buying this guitar, I almost would like to have a second one to keep for when I wear this one out, its that good, especially the cost makes it even more attractive since the quality and playability is so great. I would recommend this to most beginners, smaller adults and kids might be challenged by the size, but I see lots of little kids playing dreadnoughts, so this would be better. If your an intermediate or longtime guitar player, I don’t think you would be disappointed, not expect a $1500 guitar, but I have had some expensive guitars, where this one shines over those. So, no matter what level of guitar player you are, Run Don’t Walk to the Buy Now, JUST BUY IT!”
- Jerrold Shelton; 5.0 out of 5 stars; Verified Purchase
“The Jasmine S34C is an outstanding value.
“I’m still having a bit of a difficult time reconciling the guitar I received with the amount of money I spent for it. Mine arrived earlier this date, with the factory box inside a larger Amazon box and more than adequately cushioned from movement with plenty of crumpled packing paper.
“The guitar inside the factory box proved to about as perfect in build quality as human hands and machines can make such a thing out of the materials it is made from. I inspected mine very thoroughly before turning it to pitch and trying it out -including examining the body interior with the sort of inspection mirror used in automotive repair. I looked for flaws, expecting to find some, but I didn’t.”
- Cyclops; 4.0 out of 5 stars; Verified Purchase
“very well built acoustic guitar. I replaced the stock strings Martin & Co. Marquis, medium strings (13) M2200 Phosphor Bronze. After changing the strings, I carefully brought the guitar up to tune and I am amazed.
“I have several guitars that cost over $100 and this guitar really came close. I went nuts on it, wailing away for half an hour, and the guitar stayed
pretty close to tune.
“the action is great for medium strings, I didn’t have to make any adjustments other than tuning, no rattles, no buzz, finger pop on the soundboard comes out rich and deep. I cannot find any blemishes, the matte finish is beautiful, and despite my wanting to not like this guitar, it is now one of my favorites.
“Unbelievable price, I received the guitar in exactly 41 hours after ordering it.”